This summer, challenge yourself – and your colleagues – to make one change, big or small, to your digital course spaces each week for six weeks. Starting July 4, 2022, we will publish a blog post with options for the weekly challenge aligned to a specific theme.
Here’s how it works:
- Each week, choose from
- One or more of the “Plus 1” (i.e., easily implementable) options or
- One or more of the “High Impact” options (i.e., changes that will take a bit more time and effort to implement).
- Along with each option, we’ll provide you with the what, the why, and the how:
- what you’re going to do,
- why you’d want to do it (i.e., why this change will benefit your students’ learning), and
- how to go about making the change (e.g., written instructions with links to videos, etc.).
Not using Brightspace? No problem! Simply adapt the challenges to your course’s modality. Reach out to us at TCDC for suggestions.
Share your weekly successes to be entered into a draw for a Chapters gift card! Share via Twitter (include @TCDCLangara in your tweet), send us an email (email@example.com), leave a comment on our blog, and join us for a celebration sharing session in August.
You’ll have even more success with these challenges if you pair up with an accountability partner. Find a colleague in your department or reach out to us at TCDC to connect you with a peer from another area of the college. Not sure where to begin? Need help or guidance to make the changes? Your colleagues in EdTech and TCDC are here to help!
Themes for the six weeks are as follows:
Week 6: Accessibility
Get ready and gear up! EdTech and TCDC will be here for the ride when you need us!