Ezproxy will have a new login screen this summer!
Ezproxy is a web proxy server providing off-campus access to library’s licensed resources. Through authentication, legitimate Langara users can access online resources seamlessly as if they are accessing from on-campus. Beginning June 1, the Ezproxy login screen will have a new look!
Students and staff will no longer need to log in with Langara ID. Instead, they will log in with their Langara email account.
The Langara email account allows users to access multiple resources in the campus. These include Office 365 Email, Brightspace, LinkedIn Learning and more. If you have already logged in to any of these resources, you do not need to login again to Ezproxy in the same browser session.
New login screen
Current Langara students and employees should select “Log in with Langara Email account”. When you select this, the following familiar login screen will display if you have not logged in before.
If you have any questions, please contact Philip Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Cole (email@example.com).
The Library online catalogue system will be undergoing a software upgrade.
WHEN? Wednesday, June 2, 8am-noon
What is available during this time:
- borrowing library materials at the Check Out Desk
What are NOT available during this time:
- searching in the online catalogue (Books & Media search)
- request and renewal of materials
- access to your library account
During this time, we recommend searching for materials using the Quick Topic Search on the Library homepage.
The Library Ezproxy software will be upgraded on April 29, 2021, 7:30 am – 8:30 am.
During this time there will be intermittent interruptions to the access of library online databases and e-resources from off-campus.
If you have any questions please contact Philip Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org), Systems Librarian.
While we continue online learning for the summer term, your liaison librarians are still providing information literacy instruction services! They may look a little different than usual, but feel free to reach out to use if you are planning research assignments in the summer term.
You can learn more about our virtual library services and information literacy instruction here:
Some options for online library classes may include:
- Synchronous session with the librarian over Zoom to offer an interactive information literacy class.
- Asynchronous learning objects that allow students to walk through the research process that students can watch on their own time.
- Embed your Library Assignment Guide directly into your Brightspace Course. Instructions on this can be found here:
- Custom built learning objects that offer subject specific exercises and suggestions for research projects (this will take more lead time)
- Using the existing online tutorials through Brightspace. More information on that can be found here:
For Langara employees… The Directory includes all the areas represented within the Academic Innovation portfolio:
- Library and Learning Commons
- Educational Technology (EdTech)
- Teaching & Curriculum Development Centre (TCDC)