Last week Langara’s open education partner, BCcampus, announced a micro-learning series for busy B.C. post-secondary educators to dip their toes into open pedagogy and practices.
The target audience is faculty who are completely new to open education. “You might have heard about [open educational resources], open textbooks, and perhaps even open pedagogy, but if you don’t know where to find them or how to use or create them, then this is for you,” says BCcampus.
In 2019 the Library moved the domain of the Ezproxy server from langara.bc.ca to langara.ca. Since then a redirection has been put in place to automatically redirect Ezproxy links from the old domain to the new domain. The redirection will stop after the end of August 2020.
We need you help to ensure that the links in your saved bookmarks and Brightspace pages are in the correct format. If you have not done so, please update the links as follows.
You need to delete ‘bc.’ in the Ezproxy link (including the period)
The Ezproxy links allow students and staff to continue to access full-text and streaming in library databases and streaming platforms when they are accessing from off-campus.
If you have any questions, please contact Philip Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Cole (email@example.com).
While we may all be missing our beautiful building, your library team is still here to help you and your students with all their research help needs. Library instruction may look different, but almost all of our services have been flipped to a virtual environment. You can see how we have been delivering the same high quality resources and assistance here:
Some options for online library classes may include:
- Synchronous session with the librarian over Zoom to offer an interactive information literacy class.
- Asynchronous learning objects that allow students to walk through the research process that students can watch on their own time.
- Embed your Library Assignment Guide directly into your Brightspace Course. Instructions on this can be found here:
- Custom built learning objects that offer subject specific exercises and suggestions for research projects (this will take more lead time)
- Using the existing online tutorials through Brightspace. More information on that can be found here:
Full information about Information Literacy Instruction at Langara College can be found here: