Online Writing Support
- Submit your writing anytime and get detailed feedback in 48 hours. You can also submit a short question about getting started with your writing, grammar or style.
- Individual writing assignments only. Tutors cannot help with group-written assignments or take home exams.
- Real time tutoring from the Langara Writing Centre
- Sign up online and book an appointment with a tutor who can communicate with you via camera, voice, and text while working with your writing.
Self-help Writing Guides
The Writing Centre has self-help guides to get you started. Here are some popular ones:
- Free tutoring for various subjects is available online. Check out Subject Tutoring on the Learning Commons website to get details on what’s available and how to meet with a tutor. All sessions are available on a drop-in basis although you will need to create a one time account.
Apps & Brightspace Tutoring
- Peer tutors from the Business Computer Applications program can help with BCAP 1200 material, Brightspace, and Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access. Go to Apps and Brightspace on the Learning Commons website to get more details on the schedule and how to meet with a tutor. All sessions are available on a drop-in basis although you will need to create a one time account.