We know teaching online may be new to many instructors at Langara, so TCDC and EdTech have compiled several resources to help you with this transition. We are updating and adding to these resources regularly.
Strategies, tips and articles related to teaching online can be found at We’re Here to Help on myLangara.
We are also holding virtual Q&A sessions and webinars on a variety of topics to answer your questions. Please see the Events Calendar for descriptions of and sign-up pages for these sessions. All Langara employees can also access live and on-demand recorded webinars on a variety of topics related to online teaching and learning from Innovative Educators here.
And we’re always available for one-on-one consultations with instructors. Contact us anytime at:
- Curriculum Consultants: email@example.com
- EdTech Advisors: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EdTech Instructional Assistants: email@example.com or on Zoom at https://langara.zoom.us/j/6043235403
Quick Links to Get Started
- Adapting Courses for Remote Teaching
- Keeping Your Students Informed
- Holding Office Hours
- Distributing Course Materials
- Delivering Lecture Material
- Finding Alternatives to Labs and Field Trips
- Finding Alternatives to In-class Activities
- Finding Alternatives to Planned Assessments: General Tips
- Finding Alternatives to Planned Assessments: Online Assessments
- Finding Alternatives to Planned Assessments: Online Exams
- Maintaining Academic Integrity
- Maintaining Academic Integrity through Assessment Design