Innovative Educator Webinars
Langara faculty and staff can access free live and recorded webinars by Innovative Educators in six diverse categories including teaching and learning, student success and institutional effectiveness.
To order live webinars:
- View the Live Webinar Calendar.
- From the Webinar Pricing drop-down menu, select G2K (for Go2Knowledge members)
- In the shopping cart, enter the discount code* (email firstname.lastname@example.org for the code)
- Enter your contact information and complete your order.
You will receive a confirmation email, a link to the webinar the day of, and a link to access the recording for a year thereafter.
To view previously recorded webinars, visit Go2Knowledge.org/Langara. Create an account using your Langara email address. Browse the digital library and select webinars to view.
Magna Publications Webinars
TCDC has purchased CDs of recorded webinars from Magna Publications, Inc. for use of faculty. Titles include:
- Using Universal Design
- Writing Better Multiple Choice Questions
- Best Practices in Flipped Class Design
- Designing & Teaching a Course with a Critical Thinking Focus
These CDs can be borrowed from TCDC (2nd floor of C Building). Email us at email@example.com to arrange to borrow a CD.
20 Minute Mentor Videos
Langara has a subscription to Magna Publications’ Digital Library of 20 Minute Mentor Videos. The series offers more than seventy 20-minute video presentations related to teaching and administration in post-secondary institutions. Some recommended videos related to teaching in a way that benefits all students in an intercultural environment include:
- How Do I Discuss Academic Integrity During the First Class?
- How Can I Make My Course Content More Accessible?
- How Can I Make the Activities in My Course More Inclusive?
- How Can I make My Exams More Accessible?
- How Can Backward Design Make My Courses More Accessible?
To access the 20 Minute Mentor Commons digital library:
STEP 1: Contact our Educational Developer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to copyright restrictions, the Authorization Code may not be posted on a public website.
STEP 2: Go to www.magnapubs.com/sitelicense/registration.html?v=langara0415. Enter information in each of the required fields, including Langara’s group Authorization Code, which is done only once. Click SUBMIT.
STEP 3: Access the 20 Minute Mentor Commons library at www.magnapubs.com/mentor-commons
Here are a few selected reports from Magna Publications.