Have you heard of Go2K? It’s an amazing resource for educators, and a speedy way to stay up to date. Langara has a membership, so there’s no charge to use it. And now you can earn microcredentials.
What is Go2K?
It’s a resource of hundreds of videos, live sessions, and webinars on topics including:
- Teaching & Learning
- Technology & Online Learning
- Student Success
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Campus Safety & Security
How Do I Access Go2K?
It’s easy and free. Simply:
- Sign up at go2knowledge.org/Langara using your Langara email.
- You’ll get immediate access to your dashboard, where you can:
- Explore videos and webinars
- Add upcoming events to your personalized calendar
- Keep track of what you’ve watched, and what’s in progress
- Access your completion certificates
2-Minute Takeaways is one of our favourite features of Go2K. They’re 2-minute videos on a specific topic.
2-Minute Takeaways for New Instructors
Go2K includes support and resources for new instructors. You might want to start with some 2-Minute Takeaways:
- Advice For New Faculty You’ll be surprised how much practical info is packed in those two minutes. (Seasoned instructors can also benefit.)
- What is Universal Design for Learning (UDL)? Useful, easy to implement info to have before developing your courses.
- How Can I Create an Inclusive Classroom? A simple, easy to implement way to build inclusivity in your classroom and beyond.
- How Can You Use Bloom’s Taxonomy to Help Students Learn? How to implement a foundational concept in teaching and learning.
- How Can You Help Students with Procrastination? Help your students deal with one of their major barriers to success.
- What’s Your Number One Test Taking Strategy? Help students learn how to succeed.
2-Minute Takeaways for Experienced Educators
Experienced educators want to stay up to date with new approaches and practices, and learn how to avoid burnout. You might find these 2-Minute Takeaways useful:
- What Are the Top 2 Strategies to Create Deliberate Continuous Self-Care? Simple ways to implement and maintain your self-care practice
- 3 Challenges When Transitioning to College Set your students up for success by understanding the skills they need to succeed in college
- How Can You Become a More Effective Online Instructor? Practical, easy to implement ideas to increase engagement for online classes.
- What Are Microaggressions? Everything you need to know to avoid hurting others, and create inclusive learning environments
- What Advice Would You Give a Student Suffering from Anxiety? Many of our students are stressed and anxious. Here’s how to help them.
- Check out the playlist for new educators (above) it’s all useful for experienced instructors too!
Image by pch.vector on Freepik