The following improved Quiz Timing options will be available for learners on July 28th 2023:
- Option to show or hide the timer to reduce anxiety during quiz taking.
Note: Once a learner sets their preference, the setting preserves across all quizzes.
Click the Hide Timer button beside the quiz timer to hide the timer from the view.
- Warnings displayed at certain times to support awareness of time left. The following warnings are applied:
- 1 minute remaining on the quiz
- 5 minutes remaining (only on quizzes with 10 minutes or longer quiz time limit)
- Half of the elapsed time (only on quizzes with 20 minutes or longer quiz time limit)
Figure: The Timer Warning dialog indicates how much longer a learner has in a quiz.
- The simplified Quiz Results page appears when a learner completes a quiz attempt or returns later to view their quiz results. The page now displays the text ‘Your work has been saved and submitted’ to all learners, along with your score, if your instructor has enabled the option.
- Option to review quiz instructions and details without leaving the quiz.
Click the Quiz Information option on the quiz page to view instructions and other information. This does not leave the quiz.
If a learner is taking a quiz at the time of the update, they will notice the user interface changes and new quiz timer setting behaviours immediately following the update.