Below are the most common Brightspace issues reported by students.
Can’t see your course?
- Two conditions must be met for you to be able to see a course in which you are registered:
- The course must have started. For Regular Studies, this will be the first day of the semester. For Continuing Studies courses, this will be the first day of classes.
- Your course must be activated by your instructor. If the course has started, and you cannot see it in Brightspace, please contact your instructor first and ask them to make sure they have set the course to Active.
- Please note that it can take up to 24 hours after a new registration for a Brightspace course to become available to students. If it has been 24 hours and you still cannot see your course, please contact your instructor.
Need Help With a Specific Course?
- Always contact your instructor first with issues regarding a specific course, for example:
- You cannot see your course (please remember that courses are not available to students until the first day of the semester and/or up to 24 hours after registration)
- Course content
- Due dates
- Availability of grades
Having Login or Technical Problems?
For all urgent student technical issues contact IT Services immediately.
Can't see video/audio in Brightspace?
In Google Chrome:
If content will not display, look for a small shield icon on the right side of the address bar. Click that shield and then select “Load unsafe script” to display the content.
In Mozilla Firefox:
If content will not display, look for a small shield icon on the left side of the address bar. Click that shield, select the more actions arrow, and then select “Disable Protection on this page” to display the content.
In Internet Explorer:
If content will not display, a pop-up window asking if you want to view only the content that was delivered securely may appear. In this instance you would select NO in order to display the content.
If content will not display and you are not presented with a pop-up window, look for a security message either at the top or bottom of the webpage and select whatever option is presented allowing the content to display.
Generally, Safari will not prevent content from displaying. If you are having trouble loading or displaying media in Safari, try enabling cookies.
My Tools > My Media won't load or giving an error in Safari?
If you are running the Safari browser, you may see an error when trying to access My Tools > My Media. Try changing the following settings in your browser’s Privacy settings: uncheck “Prevent cross-site tracking” and “Block all cookies.”
My Media not working in Insert Stuff?
A minor bug in a recent Brightspace update has created problems inserting media from My Media into your submissions in Brightspace courses. Specifically, when following the usual workflow of clicking Insert Stuff and then selecting My Media to insert media you’ve already uploaded, My Media fails to load. Click here for the workaround.