As you are preparing your courses for the fall semester, try this exciting new educational resource available to you and your students – Lynda.com – an online subscription library of high-quality non-credit instructional videos, by recognized industry experts, on the latest software tools and skills.
Langara has purchased a community-wide subscription to Lynda.com that allows any active employee or student (with a current Langara email address) to access this extensive video library. For example, you can learn to retouch photos, create spreadsheets, animate graphics, and much more. Lynda.com is accessible 24/7 and there are over 2,000 non-credit instructional videos to choose from.
To access Lynda.com and the video library:
- Go to lynda.com.
- Click on the Get Started button.
- Click on the Log In link located at top right-hand corner of the page.
- Choose the Log in through your organization or school option. Type www.langara.bc.ca into the box.
- In the Authentication Required box, login using your regular Langara Computer User ID.
Try this resource and recommend it to your students. If you have questions, concerns, or feedback, email IThelp@langara.bc.ca.
Business Skills category has something for just about everyone such as:
- Time Management
- Project management
- Being a Leader, not a Micromanager (August 2013, 2+ minutes of great tips)
Using applications such as:
- Prezi or WordPress – great if you are creating iweb or courseweb pages
- Photography 101 – the very basics for using a DSLR
- Google Docs, Google Drive and more
Not sure what you want to learn? Browse by subject, software, or author. Narrow your options by Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced
Content is current and more added every couple of weeks.