The Manage Files tool is a file management system for your course. You can use this tool to organize and upload files associated with your course offering. Manage Files enables you to select and upload files from your computer to Brightspace.
Note: You can upload most file types to a content directory in Manage Files, but only files with specific extensions can be used as content topics.
If you have many files ready to go into your course, uploading them to Manage Files can be a more efficient way of doing so.
To upload multiple files
- Click on Course Materials in the navigation bar.
- Click on Manage Files and in the Manage files area, navigate to or create a folder into which you want to upload files.
- Click the Upload icon from the menu bar.
- Click Browse to locate the file(s) that you want to upload.
- Click the Add another file button as often as required to continue selecting files for uploading.
- When you have selected all the files you wish to add to your course, click the Upload button.
Your selected files will be uploaded to the Manage Files area in the Folder you have chosen.
To add multiple files to a module
You can add several uploaded files at a time to a course module. To do so:
- Navigate to the Content tool.
- Click on the module’s Upload/Create dropdown menu and select Add from Manage Files.
- Select the checkbox next to the files you wish to add to the module.
- Click Add.
- You can now change topic properties by clicking on the topic title or click on the action menu to the right of the title and select Edit Properties In-Place. By default, the topic will be given the file name as title. If you want to change the title, click on the existing title and type a new one. In this mode you can also add dates and restrictions, add a description for the topic, or set the topic to Draft if you’re not ready to make it available to students. By default, uploaded files are set to Published.